Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The night I saw Pearl Jam in concert

Wednesday, May 3, 2006. I find myself at a Pearl Jam concert!! Yup, you read me right. And as it so happened, I was not in the audience. I was standing in the wings, my camera in hand, and my eyes full of disbelief. I mean, this is Pearl Jam we are talking about!!

I clearly remember the band kicking into the first song. But I am standing there totally stunned. Too stunned to start putting down the song names on my cellphone, the way I usually do at concerts. Too stunned to even click photographs. (So if you don't see photographs from that gig here, you know why.)

And then I wake up! :P Yes, this was a dream, this was ONLY a dream :(

Maybe it was the trauma of a tragic personal loss earlier in the day. Maybe it was all the buzz about their new album. Whatever the reasons for such a bizarre dream might be, it still remains a dream. And that has given me an idea for a future post - my "dream concerts".

To try and make up for all the torture I subjected you to in the past few minutes, here's a fantastic Rolling Stone interview with Eddie Vedder.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shilpa Bhatnagar said...

hahahahaha:)) and then there was a dream about *Technical Engineers* fixing your ..uh..template..heeehee:D

2:43 PM  
Blogger Bobin said...

Yup, I have been having truly bizarre dreams :P :D

8:37 AM  
Blogger mayank said...

ive had dreams of such gigs but can i help it...no,we only get old fags frm bands of bygone era doing concerts here in India...all isay sweet dreams Sir.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Bobin said...

I wouldn't call that quite correct Mayank.. I prefer the Mark Knopfler of now to the Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits.. And he was here :) Joe Satriani was here.. And a whole lot of other good artists have been here. Just because they started playing a long time ago doesn't qualify them as 'old fags'.. Respect them man :)

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home