Saturday, March 18, 2006

I am a bum.. a lucky bum!!

A dear friend of mine tells me that I am a lucky bum. And I have to agree. Another pal asks me if I have a good job. I have to reply in the affirmative. I mean, if it weren't for this job, I wouldn't have been able to meet some of the fantastic musicians (and some non-musicians too) I have met over the past few weeks. I wouldn't have had the chance to click at least some of the photographs you see here.

Late January, I tagged along with my colleague from the sports desk to a golf tournament with six of the top players in attendance - Tiger Woods, Mark O’Meara, Retief Goosen, Ernie Els, Thomas Bjorn and Darren Clarke.

Early February, I had the opportunity to interview and photograph Ustad Zakir Hussain. And that reminds me, I have to upload those pictures here. I will do that, soon enough.

About 10 days ago, I saw Jean-Luc Ponty and Roger Hodgson in concert. You have seen the pictures already. Then, about 4 days back, I was covering the Bryan Adams concert. Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pictures :(

And then 2 days ago, it was the Dubai Desert Rock Festival - featuring Reel Big Fish, 3 Doors Down, Testament and hold your breath, Megadeth!! :D Went trigger crazy again - must have clicked some 700 odd pictures. These again, I will post as soon as I have sifted through and chosen what I think are the best.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shilpa Bhatnagar said...

And what about the fact that i call you a Superstar? huh huh huh?? :o)

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will look forward to the post on Zakir.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Bobin said...

is that YOU, soda?? :)

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home