Sunday, March 12, 2006

Guy Nsangué Akwa



































At the Jazz Fest, Jean-Luc Ponty was, not surprisingly, accompanied by an extremely talented bunch of musicians. But due to my lack of talent in photography, I could not manage to get half-decent pictures of the rest of the band. Except Guy Nsangué Akwa, that is.


This bassist, sorry, incredible bassist, also happens to be co-writer on one of my favourite tracks of the evening - Mouna Bowa. And Ponty made sure that Akwa got his share of time to do all the regulation slapping and popping.




3 Comments:

Blogger Shilpa Bhatnagar said...

I wish i was there:(
When are you publishing your coffee table book?

10:02 PM  
Blogger Bobin said...

Coffee table book?? I think you mean 'coaster'.. Those things to keep cups on and to spill tea and coffee and water on, right?

10:04 PM  
Blogger Shilpa Bhatnagar said...

No, i mean COFFEE TABLE BOOK, superstar.
:)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home